Student Transfer Request
Request for Student Transfer for the 2023-2024 School Year
Opens April 1, 2023 and closes on May 1, 2023
IMPORTANT: New Procedures for Out-of-Zone Transfer Requests
The State of Tennessee specifies how school districts must consider transfer requests. School Board Policy 6.206 provides the procedures for families to request a student attend a school outside of their attendance zone.
Tennessee Code Annotated Section 49-2-128 requires that school districts identify available space in each school that may be used to serve additional students out of zone. Districts are allowed to reserve a reasonable number of enrollment spaces for growth within each school zone.
Students currently attending on an approved Out of Zone Transfer do not need to reapply
- Students must reside in the Lebanon Special School District to request a transfer.
- The out-of-zone transfer request window is April 1 through May 1, 2023. No out-of-zone Transfer requests will be considered after the window closes.
- Schools that are at capacity cannot accept transfer requests and any requests for those schools will be denied. However, consideration may be granted for siblings of currently enrolled students.
- Current Pre-K students must attend Kindergarten at their zoned school.
- Transportation to and from the out-of-zone school is the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- In the event out-of-zone transfer requests exceed available open seats, a lottery will be conducted on or before May 31, 2023.
- All students must register through Skyward - Family Access, selecting their zoned school.
- If a child attends an out-of-zone school in 2022-2023, the family should register/verify online for that school for 2023-2024.
- Students in the 5th grade on approved transfer for the 2022-2023 school year will automatically follow that elementary - middle school path without the need to apply.
- Students must maintain appropriate behavior, attendance and grades or their out-of-zone exemption may be revoked.
- Once a student establishes an athletic record at a middle school, they are not eligible to participate for one calendar year in athletics at another middle school within the district without a bona fide change of residence.
- Students currently attending on an approved Out of Zone Transfer do not need to reapply
Change of Residence
If there is a change of residence after September 1st and you wish for your student to remain at the current school, a transfer request MUST be submitted. Students who present evidence that they will move during the school year and who desire to enroll in a new school in the new area may do so with prior written request for a change of school area. These requests must be submitted at the Central Office located at 397 North Castle Heights Avenue, Monday - Friday 8am until 4pm.
For questions regarding the transfer request process, please contact Mike Kurtz at 615-449-6060